The Fund’s legal name is the Bergen Municipal Employee Benefits Fund. However, it adopted the trading name of Gateway BMED when its region expanded outside of Bergen County.
Regulated by the Department of Banking and Insurance, the Fund provides opportunities to:
- Predict and control future costs
- Preserve local control over your insurance plan
- Influence claim costs through better program management
- Improve negotiating clout with carrier and administrators
- Create operating efficiencies
- Negotiate more favorable administrative costs
The Gateway BMED Fund and its members place an emphasis on preventative care and wellness. All employees have access to wellness portals and personal health coaching.
The Fund also offers an accessible claims appeal process that assures employees and dependents have coverage concerns addressed with care and discretion.
The Gateway BMED Fund offers a variety of plan designs needed by its members to comply with collective contracting agreements. In addition, the Fund is offering plans similar to those offered by the private sector including high deductible Health Savings Account and Health Reimbursement Account plans.
New! Click here to watch a video on the new Medicare Advantage program for all BMED retirees!